Why borrow from us?
WIF facilitates and promotes Kingdom dreaming. We partner with the people that have big dreams for Kingdom growth and provide the facility tools needed to bring the dreams to life.
Our primary focus is investing in our partnership with you. It is our goal to bring fresh air and freedom to the loan relationship that gives you grace and room to minister effectively.
We make loans to churches at competitive rates and terms. The interest you pay on loans from WIF is used to fund more loans to churches and to pay interest to our investors; most of which are churches and individuals like you who are interested in seeing souls saved and the Kingdom expanded through the outreach of local churches.
In 70 years of operation, WIF has never had to foreclose on a loan that we have provided.
WIF provides mortgage loans with terms up to 20-years for the purposes of acquiring new property, new construction, renovations, and refinancing existing loans.
WIF or a local bank?
In most cases, we can match or beat the local bank and save churches thousands of dollars over the life of a loan. And you can know the interest paid is being used for Kingdom building. To a bank, the church is another opportunity to make a profit. Although some local banks invest a small portion of profits in their community, the bulk of profits are used to benefit shareholders and provide loans for other entities, some of which contradict the church’s beliefs and values.
Tips On Choosing an Architect
- Choose an architect who has previous experience designing churches. An architect with experience working on churches has valuable knowledge that other architects may not.
- Make sure you address issues such as lighting, sound, heating, cooling, and parking issues with your architect while designing your project.
- If an architect has not previously worked in your city, or state, make sure he/she investigates local planning requirements. Different geographic areas have different requirements, so it is important that your architect takes the time to become familiar with requirements that could affect your project.
- Make sure your architect investigates issues such as traffic flow, turning lanes, utility hook-up, and any other issue with neighborhood impact. Access to the property (driveways) must meet local ordinances.
- Do not incur architectural costs until you have determined your borrowing capacity. This will prevent you from spending thousands of dollars on architectural plans that you may not be able to utilize.
Tips On Choosing A Contractor
- Choose a contractor with experience in building churches of similar type and size.
- Always ask for references and check them carefully. Find out if the project was constructed on time and on or under budget.
- Find a contractor experienced with local building and environmental codes.
- Although WIF does not require a Performance Bond, ask your contractor if he is bondable and for what dollar amount. It is preferable to use a contractor who can qualify for a Performance Bond.